At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Each year, we provide thousands of dollars in financial assistance locally, thanks to generous gifts from our members and donors through our annual giving campaign.
Applying for Assistance
The YMCA's financial assistance program helps make YMCA membership and programs affordable for all.
To get started:
Complete a financial assistance application form.
Bring completed form back along with copies of the following documents:
--> Tax information for all adults in the household (one from this category)
• Federal 1040 form – Top 2 pages. If someone in the household is self‐employed, then a schedule C form is also needed.
• If you need a copy of your tax record, please call the IRS at 1‐800‐829‐1040 or visit their website at www.irs.gov OR
• If you do not file taxes you must call 1‐800‐908‐9946 to obtain a letter stating that you are not required to file taxes.
--> Employment – Paystubs (one from this category)
• Two current/consecutive paystubs from each working adult in the household. Paystubs must show gross pay.
• If paystubs are unavailable, a letter from the employer on company letterhead stating the average number of hours per week and hourly age is acceptable. Bank statements do not show gross pay and is not an acceptable form of documentation.
--> Government Assistance/Social Security/Disability (all that apply)
• A letter from the Social Security Administration stating the current amount received and/or 1040
• Federal tax form showing the income (line 14).
• Documentation of any government benefits (SNAP, K‐Tap, FASFA)
• Student current School Schedule
--> Retirement/Pension/IRA or Trust Fund Income (if applicable)
• Letter from the company or fund stating the amount and frequency that is received
What happens next?
When your form and documents are processed, you will be notified whether your application has been approved or if additional information is needed. We'll consider your annual income, number of adults and dependents in your household and then determine assistance to align with your individual situation.
Please allow up to 10 business days for your application to be processed.
You will need to reapply for financial assistance annually. We will notify you by mail 30 days prior to your assistance expiring.